Granola Liz

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Smelly Update

So after turning on an oven burner today, I discovered what the awful smell was.

GAS!

The house didn't light on fire, it wasn't overly dramatic, but I did stand there for a second trying to comprehend why a burner I did not turn on had just lit into a mini bonfire before I called for Shane. The smell did disappear immediately and hasn't returned.

After thinking over the last couple days and trying to remember exactly how long the knob had been just barely turned to on, I realized how blessed we have been. Because the smell was so awful we kept most of the windows in the house open. The windows were open so the gas didn't build up too much. This is good because we lit candles and let them burn for a long time trying to cover up the smell.

Yesterday I brought my Febreze candle into the kitchen to help with the smell and did take a moment to wonder why the flame got quite a bit bigger.

If the last couple days did not have such gorgeous weather outside, we likely would have kept the windows closed and turned the air on, circulating the gas and making our headaches worse. In which case, who knows what would have happened when I turned the burner on.

I'll say we were blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home