Granola Liz

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spaghetti and Beanballs


I had a bit of fun today with food. Today was our first day back from the Philadelphia area and I was in the mood to cook. I guess this is what happens when I come home to a kitchen with no dishes in the sink :)

Lunch was a macaroni and cheese dish that I concocted myself. I use mac and cheese from the box, substitute sour cream for the milk (makes it creamier) and then normally add black beans and diced tomatoes. I ran out of black beans and ended up using kidney beans. Quite tasty and filling!


Then for dinner I went with the beanball recipe from Veganomicon and had it with spaghetti. They we great! I was very surprised!


Next time I will fry them or possibly deep fry them. I only baked them this time because I wasn't in the mood to deal with oil splattering everywhere. I'm so full I don't know if I would have been able to fit in the salad and french bread that I didn't think of til it was too late.


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can you send me the recipe? I'd be interested in trying it out!

September 9, 2009 at 4:48 AM  
Blogger macylee36 said...

Sure thing! You want the bean balls or the mac and cheese?

September 10, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Emily Nielson said...

Look how cute and grown up Dennis looks! You are a lucky mommy :) Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. Your menu looks delightful!
Emily N.

September 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMY

November 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home