Granola Liz

Friday, October 23, 2009

Popcorn Tofu, Saucy Seitan and more....

Usually I am just on the internet looking for the best recipes out there already created. There are SO MANY so why would I think to create some of my own?

Well that's simple - because I can't find a recipe for popcorn tofu! Perhaps seitan would be better in it's place. In fact I think it would be, the trouble would be getting the roughed up random shapes. So there's that...

I was also thinking - "boy am I bloated! I could use some fennel tea!" TMI??? LOL. But then I also thought "some ginger might help with my upset stomach too. But would that taste weird together? Would lemon help make it right?" See, so many questions and I am pretty sure finding the answer online would be tough.

The answer to my woes? Experiment of course. So on account I am in fact a little full in the tummy I think I will experience ginger fennel tea, possibly with lemon. I'll report back shortly.

--------------------------(Jeopardy theme music)--------------------------

While I'm waiting for the ginger to cook I was thinking of one of my favorites foods that I miss - pulled pork. There must be some way to recreate that. There's the beeper!

--------------------------(Jeopardy theme music)--------------------------

Results are in and the tea was surprisingly yummy. I added a bit of sugar and a little splash of lemon juice. I couldn't tell which flavor was stronger between the fennel and the ginger but it blended well regardless.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home