Granola Liz

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fake Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato with Sally Lunn bread

Yummmm. The title ought to have your mouth watering...nevermind having pictures! Okay well since everyone loves pictures I have some for you. I'm so nice.

I've tried fake bacon before and let me tell you, it was only so so. Not good enough that I really wanted to consider buying it again. Bacon is the one meat I actually miss so not finding a good substitute was kind of sad.

But the other day at the store I saw a new brand of fake bacon (new to me at least) and thought hey why not. I have tried other things by this brand and was pleasantly surprised. I went home, put it in the fridge and promptly forgot about it.

So of course one day I am scouring my fridge looking for something to make with my fresh new wonderful loaf of Sally Lunn bread and I remembered I had all the ingredients for a BLT!

I quickly fried up some of the bacon slices (they were a butt to get out of the packaging though!), toasted my bread, spread some mayo, laid the tomato slices and lettuce and dug in.

What a wonderful and yummy lunch.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home