Granola Liz

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Vegan Stuffed Shells


Dairy has just been hating my body lately. It makes me feel completely awful. This of course doesn't stop me from craving it. I LOVE stuffed pasta in all its forms. Stuffed shells and manicotti are my two favorites. What's normally in these two dishes? Ricotta cheese, mozzerella cheese and parmesan. That is a LOT of ricotta too.

I've made normal stuffed shells before and forgot how tricky they were, even though my friend Suzy was there to help - it was quite a feat but they turned out super tasty. I've been craving shells again and decided to be nice to my stomach and see if I could find an equally tasty vegan version.

Hello tofu! I found a great recipe for Spinach Stuffed Shells and used a great brand of mozzerella cheese. Even Shane liked these!


1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I've been trying to go off Dairy too. It is so hard - because I love cheese and ice cream. I could totally be done with it if it weren't for those two factors.

I'll have to look into tofu. I've never tried a kind I like, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there

January 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home